Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible replacment.

SimonnomiS

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am wanting to know if it is suggested to use this device TLV76150DCYR 5v 1.0A linear reg to bump up my 3.3v to 5v as the power supply for a pressure transducer(TR1-0300A-101), it draws 10mA. At the moment I amusing the below circuit as the supply, but I want to simplify my circuit and make the PCB smaller. Any input would be gratefully received.
Untitled22.png

But a linear voltage regulator creates an output volatge which is smaller than its input volgate. Depending the regulator and required current it migh be in the range of 0.5V to 1V as a quick estimation. Consequently, the following equation must be fulfilled: Vin > (Vout +1V)

• Input voltage range VIN: 2.5 V to 16 V
  • Output voltage range VOUT 0.8 V to 13 V (fixed, 100-mV steps)
Perhaps you were told it is best to use a linear regulator on a pressure transducer because of poor noise immunity or PSRR, but a 1A regulator for a 10 mA load seems like that should raise questions about minimum load requirements.

yet they claim Note: Power supply decoupling and output filtering included.

so use any 5V supply +- 10% 10mA

can you afford 25 mm^2
1708039006843.png

or smaller ? like a 3 terminal OKI regulator
or
1708039159127.png

Last edited:
I showed you a smaller part in post 2. You said you needed 10mA, the recommended part was good for 100mA. But you want to use a part that’s larger and14 times more current output than you need. Sure, go ahead.

I showed you a smaller part in post 2. You said you needed 10mA, the recommended part was good for 100mA. But you want to use a part that’s larger and14 times more current output than you need. Sure, go ahead.
I can't find the part you recommended here in Australia.

As you mentioned you are supplying a sensor (TR1-0300A-101) with the 5V voltage, I would recommend to use the XCL104 as it has lower output ripple. The datasheet of your mentioned senosr doesn't give much information with respect fluctuations on its supply rail. It seems the integrated measurement bridge is supplied directly by Vs, how the ASIC is "processing" Vs is not obvious from the datasheet. The datasheet at least mentions it is fully compenstaed "fully compensated, amplified output pressure sensor".

1708065802780.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back