Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible direct connect CT(current transformer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

navni

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CT(current transformer)

Hi,
I m a trainee.and m working on a project where i have to read the current from a CT.Is it possible to connect a CT directly to a Microcontroller?Or else do v need any energy meter in between them

Re: CT(current transformer)

I dont know what do you mean exactly by energy meter. But it would be good to have a signal conditioning circuitry before ADC in uController.

energy meter means..a meter used to read the voltage,current and other parameters..

Hi Navni,
Since The CT o/p voltage is very low in the order of milli Amps , u need to have an amplifier ckt and a low pass filter before u interface the signal with ADC port of Microcontroller.

Hi sinoo,
do u have any circuits for example so that i can take help from it???and also if neone has ne materials regarding CTs pls let me knw...

Micro-controller is unable to sense the current. so change the the current into voltage format by using V to I converter & amplify the signal.

Regards
chanchal

hi,
can anyone suggest me with the circuit,to be used in between the CT and microcntroller???

Status
Not open for further replies.