Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Position sensing using ACCELEROMETER sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhgroup

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can we measure the position using ACCELEROMETER sensor like ADXL202E of Analog.com???:?:

Actually,more accurate results are obtained using integration instead of differentiation of obtained data.

I don't think accurate positions sensing is easy to achieve with this kind of sensors. ALl sensors incorporate zero errors, and integrating a zero error twice will inform the controller that position is changing while the sensor is actually stationary.
Though, there are many techniques by which u can eliminate the effect, but u will have to sacrifice some sensitivity,,,

The MEMS accelerometers have bad long-term stability. The original poster didn't say for how long does he want to measure. It's been 6 months since he had posted. I wonder, what were his revealations about the accelerometers between then and now?

Hi
I wanted to measure 3-4 meter.
Thanks

hrhgroup said:
Hi
I wanted to measure 3-4 meter.
Thanks
Integration time is a problem, not the distance.
If you want to measure 3-4 meters during 3 seconds, the error will be small.
If you want to measure the same 3-4 meters during 3 hours, the error will be huge.

you need to reset abnd adjust periodically the integration constantas by using another position sensor, The advantaje is that this position sensor can be one point sensing device.

It is posible to use accelerometers.
I hope this paper will be helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.