Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

porting ise8.2 design in xc4000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

guzhal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to know whether a architecture developed by a later version of ise can be ported to an older series of ise
for ex. whether a architecture developed using 8.2i can be ported to xc4003e / spartan xcs10

pls tell me its very urgent..............

Maybe. If you are lucky.

Many factors could prevent porting. The XC4003 is very small and slow compared to modern FPGAs. It also lacks major features such as clock managers, block RAMs, multipliers, and flexible I/O modes. I'm not sure about about the XCS10, but the situation is probably not much better.

If you still think there's a chance of success, you can download the free ISE Classics (it supports the XC4000 series) and try porting the design yourself.
**broken link removed**

Possibly helpful: Synplify Pro supports the XC4000 family. It's a better synthesizer than the old ISE Classics (ISE 4.2.03i) synthesizer. You still need ISE Classics for place-and-route.

is your design in schematic entry or Vhdl?
If vhdl or verilog i think that is not so hard port the design.
I suggest you to try also a device newer than xcs10.
Bye.
G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back