Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLI in Verilog in which we could model the RAM elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_mosazadeh

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog pli

hello all

can anyone help me?

I want to model large memories in verilog.But you know that for modeling for example 1M RAM memory about 32M in system is requierd.

so it will be fine if we could model the RAM elements in PLI.

can anyone help me for writing or finding such PLI?

with very best wishes

Re: verilog pli

m_mosazadeh said:
hello all
I want to model large memories in verilog.But you know that for modeling for example 1M RAM memory about 32M in system is requierd.

You need more memory if you make an array of multi-level logic values. Because each bit needs to hold values for '0', '1', 'X', ... you need more than 1 bit per bit stored. But if you first convert each 32-bit word to an integer, and then store it as an array of integers, you'll get much more memory efficient (and lose the 'X' functionality of course).

That's what I do in VHDL; I can't imagine that Verilog would be much different.

Re: verilog pli

"The Verilog PLI Handbook: A User's Guide and Comprehensive Reference on the Verilog Programming Language Interface"
(The Kluwer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, Volume 666) -- by Stuart Sutherland; Hardcover (Rate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back