Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please recommend a PIC18 development kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxymaxy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f development board

Hello all,

Does any body know a good PIC18 development kit with:
-LED (at least 1)
-ADC (at least 2)
-RS485 (at least 1)
-Programmer included
-C compiler and C example code for digital I/O, ADC, RS485, EEPROM, Timer included

Thanks for reading!

pic18 development board

My Junebug kit can be setup for RS485 with an external SN75176 and PCB. So can my new Wasp kit.

rs485 pic18

hi blueroomelectronics,

I can't google about your Junebug and Wasp. Where do these bugs reside :D?

rs485 pic18f development board

My site is currently being updated. Should be back Monday sorry about that.

pic18 explorer kit

Check out the PIC18 Explorer Kit from Microchip.
**broken link removed**

Re: pic18f development board

maxymaxy said:
Hello all,

Does any body know a good PIC18 development kit with:
-LED (at least 1)
-ADC (at least 2)
-RS485 (at least 1)
-Programmer included
-C compiler and C example code for digital I/O, ADC, RS485, EEPROM, Timer included

Thanks for reading!

Look at easy-controller.com at MMH-PIC18

Hi,

There are a good few ready made kits out there, the Microchip ones look quite good as is the Junebug.

All will do what you want except the RS485, all that I know of will need an extra driver chip for that.

The biggest problem with ready made boards is that they can be limiting in there functions and need lots of add on parts so it can end up quite expensive.

If you like doing your own hardware then why not buy a Microchip Pickit2 programmer, and make up your own test boards as you projects develop.
Initially you can just use a bread board but eventually a simple hardwired board with the standard lcd , a few switches and leds is better.

I assume the topic starter has already found a solution after more than one year...

Status
Not open for further replies.