Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placement of batteries in the same plane on two sides of PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

at89atbits

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In my design I need 4 batteries in total and hence I have placed two on one side of the PCB and two on the other side right below the first two.
Because rest of the circuit isn't too big and the batteries are eating up too much space.
But will that cause a problem in any way if the power signal traces are running parallel to each other on the two sides of the board?
Do I need to change the placement or this won't cause any substantial problem?

Hi,
it is not a problem.if same type of voltage battery not a issue.if it is different need to think about it.Let me know what is voltage and current level of your battery

Hi kapil
I am using four 3V 38mAH batteries (CR1220).

it is not a problem.you can keep.better post the top and bottom placement.it is more helpful to give correct answer

Run the traces for +3V parallel with ground tracks, this creates a parallel plate capacitor which might even reduce noise that's being coupled into the traces externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back