Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin layout of ic tl084acn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgr2002

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now i am trying the esr circuit with tl084 (poptronix) which is recommended by one of the members. But in this, the pin layout is confusing since the dimple is at one end (say leftend centre) and the notch is at the other end (i.e. Rightend side centre). I made up the circuit keeping in mind the notch but the project failed. Is this due to wrong selection of notch side as pin 1. If any one can clarify this and also now will the ic be working one or do i have to dump it since it is connected wrongly? HOW CAN I TEST THE IC TO BE IN PERFECT ORDER?

Hi,

post a picture and you will get fast answer.

Klaus

Klaus,

here is the image of the IC.**broken link removed**

Attachments

• TL084.png
    TL084.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 123

Hi,

Left bottom is 1.

Klaus

HOW CAN I TEST THE IC TO BE IN PERFECT ORDER?

You'll need to construct the most basic op amp circuits, and test it as to whether output responds properly.

I once used the TL082 (dual FET input op amp) in a couple of projects. They worked for a while, then went bad. I could not figure out why. Later I read that it is easily ruined as a result of subjecting the input pins to volt levels beyond the supply rails. I think this happened to mine.

Your Poptronix TL084 may be fragile the same way.

Hi,

Left bottom is 1.

Klaus

Thanks a lot

- - - Updated - - -

You'll need to construct the most basic op amp circuits, and test it as to whether output responds properly.

I once used the TL082 (dual FET input op amp) in a couple of projects. They worked for a while, then went bad. I could not figure out why. Later I read that it is easily ruined as a result of subjecting the input pins to volt levels beyond the supply rails. I think this happened to mine.

Your Poptronix TL084 may be fragile the same way.

I have two IC's of which one is working fine and the oher though ok but not as good as the previous one. but both are working out of which one has lost its power due to wrong pin config.

I have two IC's of which one is working fine and the oher though ok but not as good as the previous one. but both are working out of which one has lost its power due to wrong pin config.

It is common for this to happen. It is one of the risks of doing it yourself.

Yet we do it because we hope to come out ahead, rather than spend substantially more for a manufactured unit.

Furthermore we learn while we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back