Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to connect the mouse circuit to the steering wheel set motherboard instead of the potentiometer?

denizari82

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The potentiometer cannot perform in games due to both the limited rotation angle and the serious gap, but most importantly, its response is very weak! When I try it with the mouse (for example, ETS game), the steering wheel in the game turns/reacts at the same rate and instantly even to the slightest movement. When I connect the mouse circuit to the potentiometer inputs of the steering circuit, naturally it does not work. I didn't get any results when I connected it to the other ends. I wonder how can I connect this mouse optic to the main board instead of the potentiometer or is this possible?
20231026_141300-1.jpg

20231025_201053-2.jpg

20231026_141511.jpg

The mouse is not a potentiometer. It is most likely optical.

And without further information, like a schematic and a sketch of what you're trying to do, there's no way to answer you . (A picture of a board with some wires coming out if is useless.)

And what on earth is "the serious gap"??

I wonder how can I connect this mouse optic to the main board instead of the potentiometer or is this possible?
The answer is: this is not possible.
Mouse is an incremental encoder producing 2D up/down counts, converted to x/y position by the HID USB interface. Potentiometer produces analog voltage, converted to position by an ADC.

You would need a device that translates mouse movement to analog voltage.

I guess the 4 four wires you try to connect present the mouse USB interface?

The answer is: this is not possible.
Mouse is an incremental encoder producing 2D up/down counts, converted to x/y position by the HID USB interface. Potentiometer produces analog voltage, converted to position by an ADC.

You would need a device that translates mouse movement to analog voltage.

I guess the 4 four wires you try to connect present the mouse USB interface?
First of all, thank you for your answer and yes, the circuit with four wire outputs is a mouse circuit. I found something like this, I think that's what you're talking about, right: "Voltage Converter Module - Digital to Analog Signal PWM Adjustable Power Module":
Ekran görüntüsü 2023-10-28 213923.png

That isn't suitable, it produces or relies upon a continuous PWM signal, what you need is something that converts the mouse USB signal into a variable resistance.

You need a device to interpret the motion of the mouse, which is in the form of "X-increasing", "X-decreasing", "Y-increasing" or "Y-decreasing" and by how much. I do not know of any commercial product that does this but it is a fairly trivial task to program a microprocessor to do it.

Brian.

That isn't suitable, it produces or relies upon a continuous PWM signal, what you need is something that converts the mouse USB signal into a variable resistance.

You need a device to interpret the motion of the mouse, which is in the form of "X-increasing", "X-decreasing", "Y-increasing" or "Y-decreasing" and by how much. I do not know of any commercial product that does this but it is a fairly trivial task to program a microprocessor to do it.

Brian.
OK, thank you for your answer and help. As you said, it will be unnecessary to deal with this.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back