Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24FJ128GA010 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotsam

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC24FJ128GA010 Stuck

Hi EveryBody ,

I designed simple system using PIC24FJ128GA010 , which can write several lines on LCD and these lines can be controlled by switches , more over I have some LEDs’ controlled by the pic and brightness can be controlled from the pic using PWM , I’m using internal oscillator . at the beginning the system worked just perfect , I had the chance to debug my code to solve all the code problem . then I took the code to burn it to another similar PCB and its not working anymore, so I find out that the PIC stuck when I run the code . the running tool shows that code is running but when I click at halt it show me error message of the debug mode. I tried without the debug mode and still the pic stuck . could the problem be in my configuration ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Can you please post your code? :)

Re: PIC24FJ128GA010 Stuck

Hi ,

Thanks for the response , I think the problem in the hardware , something get the pic stuck , but i dont know where . what can cause this ?

i'm using LCDPMP from microhcip as test software . even simple software can run for almost 2 min and then the pic stop operation . and i dont know how did it work before .

Last edited:

Canpost the schematics of your hardware? it's easier to guess what's wrong :)

Hi ,
schematic attached , once gain the pic is working for short time and then stuck , is it possible that the problem on the PCB design it self (example track distamce from each other ).

thanks

Not possible. Unless it's too near until you cant determine whether there is a short or not :)

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

most probably you have interrupt in your software which might led to the program stuck. Since you said it worked a while, then it stop working. It might be your software :)

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

May I know why there is a 470Ohm resistor into MCLR?

I used 470Ohm as mentioned in some docs. .. but I used PMPLCD software that i downloaded from microchip website .. do you have other ideas please where the problem could be.

There doesn't seems to be any problem in your schematics :)

so could you please suggest where is the problem could be , i notice that the pic stuck due to disturbance , but what cause this disturbance i dont know , do you have any idea of how can I find the problem ??

thanks

I don't know how critical it is, but the PIC MCLR is not connect directlyly to the ICSP connector on Microchip's cricuit but through 100 ohms. You have it connected directly. It may make it susceptible to noise.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.