Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC18F4550: Pins RC4 and and RC5 as Digital Output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMO6

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am trying to turn on and off a LED connected to RC5 pin of PIC18F4550. But, It is not working.
I read somewhere on the internet that we cannot use RC4 and RC5 pins of PIC18F4550 as Digital Output.
So, Is this true?
Is there any way by which I can connect a LED to the RC5 pin of PIC18F4550 ?
I also read about USB control Register (UCON). Can anyone tell me something about this issue.
I tried same LED program for different pins and it worked.
Please Help.

Reading the 18F4550 datasheet could precisely answer your question. The USB pins can be used as digital inputs if the USB function is disabled, but not as output.

Functionality/ limitations of RC4 & RC5 are very clearly written in the datasheets... as also pointed out by FvM. You don't need to "..read somewhere on the internet.."

As has previously been said you cannot use the RC4 and RC5 pins as digital outputs. You can however use them as digital inputs if the VUSB pin is connected to vdd and the USB module is disabled UCON<3>=0 AND UCFG<3>=1

RC5 is a Digital Input Only Pin. So, you cannot use it for output on an LED. Thanks https://embedded-egypt.blogspot.com.eg/2014/02/pinguino-egypt-do-it-yourself-pic.html datasheet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.