Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f88 connection on breadboard to get pwm signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

seunatoki

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Please I need help to get pwm out of my pic16f88, i have written my program and it was successful. i sent the the hex file to the PIC using development board. if i connect the probe of my oscilloscope to the RB0 of the PIC still in the develpment board, I wouuld get the signal (PWM) but if i remove it and connect its VDD to voltage regulator of 5v and its vss to ground, if i use the same probe to test the signal, i would not get the signal(pwm) again.

PLEASE, IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY OF CONNECTING PIC16F88 IN ORDER TO GET THE PWM SIGNAL ON BREADBOARD ?

Please i need help on how i can sort this out.
Cheers

Hi All,
Please I need help to get pwm out of my pic16f88, i have written my program and it was successful. i sent the the hex file to the PIC using development board. if i connect the probe of my oscilloscope to the RB0 of the PIC still in the develpment board, I wouuld get the signal (PWM) but if i remove it and connect its VDD to voltage regulator of 5v and its vss to ground, if i use the same probe to test the signal, i would not get the signal(pwm) again.

PLEASE, IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY OF CONNECTING PIC16F88 IN ORDER TO GET THE PWM SIGNAL ON BREADBOARD ?

Please i need help on how i can sort this out.
Cheers

Hi seunatoki

To be honest i'm not a digital guy . but i can tell you something .
first , breadboards might deal with lack of connection or lack of good connection and more effects such as considering equivalent circuit of bread board instead of current which is going through the MCU . it deals with high frequency components because of the internally oscillator of that . so use a 10uF capacitor exactly near by ( as near as possible ) with the supply pins of your MCU and be sure of your connections on bread board and ensure that bread board is not dealing with any kind of crush or lack of internally connection or perhaps shoring the circuit .
Furthermore if you want somebody help you , draw your schematic here and deliver the program which you've wrote . however i can't help you with the program as i said i'm not a digital designer , but the others might .

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

It should work exactly the same if it has the same voltage supplying it. Check:

1. MCLR is at VDD unless you have it internally tied in your software configuration,
2. If you use low voltage programming, is the PGM pin connected and tied low?
3. If you are using an external oscillator, do you have loading capacitors at each end of the crystal/resonator and do they have short wires back to the VSS pin?
4. Do you have a capacitor (100nF) across VSS and VDD wired as closely to the PIC as possible?

These are all things that might be on the development board but missing on your breadboard.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back