Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC-Based Signal Generator --- help! ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic based signal gnerator

For 1MHz output any of these frequencies can be used ..
Even with the lowest clock from your list (24MHz) the resultant frequency resolution will be better than 0.005Hz (see the formula below) ..

"do the reference frequency affect the DAC" - I wouldn't worry about it ..

Regards,
IanP

naj.cuizon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pic timer1 signal generator

IanP:

"do the reference frequency affect the DAC" - I wouldn't worry about it ..

sir, it worries me coz we are having a hard time fining the DAC sine wave to a smooth sine wave (analog like)..

also, the datasheet suggest that we use a five pole elliptical low pass filter 42MHz 200ohm impedance.. is this not to be taken consideration in choosing a reference clock?

pic based dds generator

Hi

Any one have C code for FM modulating the AD9850 ?

thanks

Bobi

max038 ic details

You can use a simple diagram of consists of PIC ucontroller and a DAC, you may program it as follows:
Use either matlab or any program to generate the hexadecimal numbers of a sine wave and store it in the memory of the ucontroller
Program the ucontroller to output those values to PortA.
Use any suitable DAC to convert the number to analog level-but make sure that the frequency is also suitable for 1MHz operation.
You can simulate the circuit using Proteus which allow simulation of programmable ICs.

ad9834 basic code

when we say PIC-Based, what does this imply? When we say PIC-Based Signal Generator, must the signal come from the PIC?

what is your idea on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.