Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f676 Restart Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chand00786

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I have made a Pic 16f676 based "Automatic Generator Start" circuit.It operates some relays with specified time intervals to star the Generator, when Mians power fail.All is working fine,but I am facing a problem in the circuit.When I power up the circuit with the 12V Battery which is also connected to Generator motor,pic restars again and again and relay stars chattering.When I use separate power supply source to Power pic it does not restars and works fine.I have also checked the Battery voltage when generator stars,it was in the range of 11.9v to 11.8v, which is enough to provide 5v to microcontroller.Why pic restars when i power it with battery which is also attatched with generator.Any Solution of this problem?

A circuit would help help you.

Till then, make sure you have disabled the brown-out fuse and enabled the power-on timer. Also, disable the MCLR pin, unless you specifically need it for reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back