Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Center antenna array

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrislg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,
I am calculating the phase center of an antenna array (three dimmensional antenna array).

Could anyone tell me or give information about this topic, please?

The radiating element is a dipole. These dipoles are distributed in a 3D array antenna (The shape is similar to a sphere).

Thank you so much for your interest.

Well, when looking head on, a dipole will have a phase center right at the central feedpoint. If you go off angle, the phase center will move a little--especially if there is some nearby metal or a ground plane. If you then put an array of these suckers in a sphere, obviously there will be a different phase center depending on where you are looking at the sphere from. I would guess that since you will be seeing energy coming from the closest dipole, but also from other dipoles that you are seeing "on edge", that the phase center will actually look to be a little inside of the sphere's surface. Just a guess, as i am not an antenna guy, but have played around trying to measure dipole and monopole phase centers empirically for a project once. In that project I had monopoles distributed along a 3D shape also, but used a switch to only turn on one radiator at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back