Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PFC feedback loop calculations wrong

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have just calculated the current feedback loop for the LT1248 Average current mode PFC controller, for a 150W PFC.

I followed the equations on page 7 to 8 of the LT1509 datasheet. When I conform to their equations, the mains input waveform is a very poor sinusoid. Then, when I just tweak the current error amp compensation components, then I can get a great sinusoidal mains input current…however, the values I use for that are values that fail the requirements of the LT1509 datasheet calculations

Can you say whats going on with the current error amplifier compensation equations on page 7 and 8 of of he LT1509 datasheet? Why do they give compensation R and C values , which basically, do not work?

LT1509

LT1248
--- Updated ---

...by the way, when i say the waveform is wrong, i mean the waveform i see on the LTspice simulator.

Also, how much does it cost to hire a Ridley Gain phase analyser?...i can see buy price, but not hire price on the web. With the AP gain phase analyser, we can measure the feedback loop gain and phase margins of the PFC.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: