Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Performing Coupling in resonators using (OrCad) PSPice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuhammadSana

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on inductive coupling b/w resonators (RLC) ,using orcad lite 16.6 tool. At this time I am unable to perform it properly, Is any one there to suggest me how to couple the resonators via inductors? I am using "K_linear" under analog library ,as coupling coefficient. The circuit layout and model is attached:
>>>We have,out of total, 5 main couplings
>>>The cicuit layout shows this.
>>>Analog R L C are used
Hoping for a positive response.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

At this time I am unable to perform it properly
You defined wrongly the K_LINEAR instance.

This is how I would write it for "K1" for example:
k=0.41
L1=L1l
L2=L2r1

Is any one there to suggest me how to couple the resonators via inductors? I am using "K_linear" under analog library ,as coupling coefficient
I use that as well and works great.

- - - Updated - - -

Review coupling of K2,K5 and K6.

k=0.41
L1=L1l
L2=L2r1

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the reply..........
But I further need guidance, how to change the remaining couplings?
I have done this L1=L1l L2=L2r1 with the K1, (attachment), but how to change remaining K2-K6 with such expressions? Also check the property window pane of the schematic.. Is that correct??Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

k=0.41
L1=L1l
L2=L2r1

- - - Updated - - -

I think this problem is solved...
Now, this is creating trouble (attached) although alll coefficients are in range..Capture.PNG

Spice parameter K isn't the same as mutual inductance M. Review the reference manual about there relation.

|K| > 1 is physically impossible.

I have worked with the K, and purposely make it <1, Now this new problem is there...Capture.PNG

Keep in mind that with more than two windings, there constraints on the values of k aside from -1<k<1. For example, if you have three inductors L1 L2 L3, then if you define k12=1 then k13 and k23 must be equal to each other (k23=k13).

Rather than coupling coefficients, you may find it more intuitive to model your coupled inductors with an impedance matrix Z.

V1 is applied directly across L1s. Add a small series resistance.
Coupling of K5 is 0..5 ? Correct the double dots.

Thanks for the guidance.... its working..
Now, I want to done the couplings which are >1 in magnitude.. HOW can I make it possible??
Is the inductors supporting k>1 mag, are different than normally used??
I have used a discrete type inductor..

|K| > 1 is physically impossible. You have to denormalize the values of the coupling matrix.

I still suspect the OP is confusing mutual inductance M and SPICE coupling factor k.

Many CAD tools use both representations.
In my favorite tool it looks like this (Microwave Office / AWR):
iii.png
With each new tool, the user has to take care of modeling.

|K| > 1 is physically impossible. You have to denormalize the values of the coupling matrix.

I have to implement this oneCapture.PNGCapturel.PNG
Now how can I make such coupling within range 0-1. Moreover, I am just unable to understand N- N+ non resonating nodes here in the matrix...

I don't understand this coupling matrix either. Do you know the origin of this matrix?

I don't understand this coupling matrix either. Do you know the origin of this matrix?

Well I have just sited it in a paper....
Any information regarding the concept of Non Resonating nodes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back