Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI I/O Card Design Assistance Required !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airian73

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

i am designing a simple PCI I/O card. i am stuck with some problems. i just want to switch relays on that I/O card. i am using PLX 9050 chip. my i/o cards r working in the slave mode .. always

Querries:

1- How can i use chip select.
2- i have to access I/O address space but is there a possibility of avoiding the use of address bits and just using the chip select and accessing the I/O's.
3- can anyone tell how this chip remaps PCI address space to local address space. i've done alot of reading but still confused about it.
4- finally a little help with the schematic too.

i'm a student of bechlors degree. its a challenge i took and now i need your help !!!

looking forward to your valued guideline

with regards,
Airian73

hi Airian,
I do not know much about that chip. I do know that National Instruments builds a lot of interfacing and data collection cards for their suite of offerings.

You might try looking on their website for examples and/or schematics of their equipment. It may give you some insight to your approach.

ni dot com

HTH's

--Oozr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back