Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Manufacturer for Prototype of small quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersage

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Could you please recommend some PCB manufacturers with high quality for small-quantity prototype fabrication of microwave circuits? Thanks a lot.

We have a design of three metal layers based on Rogers RO4003C with total substrate thickness of 28mil (20mil + 8mil).

There are two kinds of vias:
1) blind vias between top and middle metal layers. Those vias play an important role in our design, and their dimensions are 8mil-diameter hole with 5mil-width annular ring.
2) through-hole vias between top and bottom layers. The size of those vias are not so important, let's take as an example of 32mil-diameter hole with 6mil-width annular ring.

All vias are filled with copper.

We are from a university lab, so we don't want many copies of boards. Maybe only one or two for prototype.

It seems that can't make 3 metal layers, only can make 4 metal layers. Pls confirm that.

Thanks. They can make three metal layer. I have three-layer board fabricated previously. This time, vias complicated our design.......

It seems that can't make 3 metal layers, only can make 4 metal layers. Pls confirm that.

If necessary, we could remove the through-hole vias. There are only floating vias between top and middle metal layers

Is there any one can recommend a proper PCB manufacturer? Thanks.

Hi all,

Could you please recommend some PCB manufacturers with high quality for small-quantity prototype fabrication of microwave circuits? Thanks a lot.

We have a design of three metal layers based on Rogers RO4003C with total substrate thickness of 28mil (20mil + 8mil).

There are two kinds of vias:
1) blind vias between top and middle metal layers. Those vias play an important role in our design, and their dimensions are 8mil-diameter hole with 5mil-width annular ring.
2) through-hole vias between top and bottom layers. The size of those vias are not so important, let's take as an example of 32mil-diameter hole with 6mil-width annular ring.

All vias are filled with copper.

We are from a university lab, so we don't want many copies of boards. Maybe only one or two for prototype.

Hi, Supersage, where are you? There are so many PCB Manufactuers on this earth?

Hi Tony,

I see. I am in IL, USA. Some manufacturers cannot fabricate our case. Some manufacturers can fabricate our design, but they require a minimum quantity of 20 or 40 or above. We are from a university lab and request only one or two copy of boards....

Hi, Supersage, where are you? There are so many PCB Manufactuers on this earth?

About one month ago, I made several 4 layers PCB (109mm X 91mm) in China. I made only 2 copies, the total cost is about 1800RMB. (1 us dollar=6.7RMB, NO TAX). If I want one more copy, the cost only increase less than 5%. I think it's also very expensive, but I have no choise. And my PCB is very normal.

Wintak Circuits specializes in producing high precision and reliability 2-24 layers PCBs, including HDI, aluminium circuits, high frequency circuit boards, heavy copper, thick gold, etc. We have been certificated with UL,ISO9001:2000, ISO14001, and TS16949. With years of experiences on export, Wintak has a proven track for competitive price, high and stable quality, and on-time delivery. For more details, please e-mail me at Carson.xi@wintakpcb.com
If you are interested in Wintak, please don't hesitate to contact me for details, thanks!

---
Regards,

Carson Xi Sales Engineers

Wintak Circuits Technology Co., Ltd.
Telephone: +86 755 3386 3260
Cell: +86 134 1861 1871
Skpye:wintakpcb
Backup mail: wintakpcb@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.