Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for some assistance: Wine cooler pcb board issue (high pitch buzzing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

H28clan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am looking for some assistance with a wine cooler Pcb board. Recently started smelling a light electrical burning smell coming from my thermoelectric wine cooler. Upon further inspection I found the fan was not rotating, yet a high pitch buzzing noise coming from the pcb board. the simple solution was to order a replacement, however the only ones I can find are 220V. So I am looking for solutions to resolve. In an attempt to troubleshoot the board I don’t know exactly where the high pitched buzz is coming from to replace the defective component. Is there anyone out there with this type of issue before, if not does anyone know where I may procure another board..of course if fan is defective I will replace that also. Here are some photos….
BE07D974-27EB-43D8-BF71-609489353032.jpeg
3926D9FC-3D2E-47EA-AB88-DFAC34AC0CA3.jpeg

Schematic, good. Picture, useless. And how do you expect anyone to know where to get a board when they DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS?

you could just order the 220 V replacement and a stepdown transformer.

to replace the defective component.

The two "large" electrolytic capacitors (yellow & black) in the vicinity of the left heatsink (on both boards) are looking defective to me. It might be the angle of the picture, but it looks like their caps are lifted (vented).

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.