Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Patch Antenna problem : Coaxial Feed with Array ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

issactam

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I am designing a patch antenna and I would like to ask is it possible to make an antenna array with coaxial feeding method? Could any one help me ? quite confusing this moment. Thanks!

Sure is it possible, but does it make sense?
For the array, why do you want multiple coax feeds with power divider at coax level, instead of a simple divider network in microstrip?

No, you cannot have a coaxial / probe feed for an antenna array. Also probe feed / coaxial feed would yield very low BW in case of single element patch antenna.

You better have a edge feed / inset feed / proximity coupled / aperture coupled feed patch antenna (single element). After this stage you could design appropriate power divider (linear / corporate feed as per requirements of pattern / gain, etc) and match the impedance to form an array of your choice.

If you make a sector antenna with 'N' number of coaxial cables for feeding the array and call it coaxial feel array, so be it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back