Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pads to Allegron conversion problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rame

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks, We recently migrated to Allegro ver 16 from Pads layout 2005 spac2,we could able to convert the Pads pcb design file to Allegro,the pcb file is 4 layer,later we extracted all the footprints in separate folder and set the path in the user preferences.

Now while i try to compile the schematic alone in which i had entered the footprints details extracted from allegro,i don't encounter any problem as such,but then while i try to compile it to the Allegro database,it doesn't convert to Allegro environment it encounters 78 errors,it goes like this... #1 ERROR(SPMHNI-191):Device/Symbol check error detected. WARNING(SPMHNI-337)Unable to load symbol "TP100X40" for device 'TP_1_TP100X40_485_A': WARNING(SPMHNI-127):Could not find PADSTACK PAD21. due to ERROR(SPMHDB-274):Unable to load flash symbol PAD21(Check PSMPATH setting for this symbol) Error is similar for all the 78...

Since iam novice to Allegro,i tried edit the footprints individually,for every smd components,it refers some flash pad in the thermal layer>padstack layer and i was asked by the application engineer to delete and update, but still i encounter same problem. Later i was asked to edit individual Pads used in the library from Pad designer,i observed the flash Pad still existing in the thermal layer,i really dunno how to take it from here..... Is this flash pad in the thermal layer>padstack layer causing the problem? If someone could help me out from this mess would be greatly appreciable.

Thanks & Best Regards, Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back