Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Capture 17.4 hangs when multiple items are selected in Layout - Cross Probing related

Status
Not open for further replies.

dromedaris

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I draw a rectangle in PCB Layout (while nets is selected in the Find window), the Cross Probing gets highly active and highlights quite many entries over several schematic pages. One sees that pages are subsequentially getting in the foreground. In any case, during this process, and when it's finished, you cannot do anything in Capture. If you'd click in the Capture window, the title bar shows that the app is no longer responding. CPU is constantly showing 15-20 %.

Anybody who has a hint regarding this behaviour?

Wondering whether you can constrain hierarchy-traversal
to keep from loading so much data - like, only cross-probe
on current schematic level?

Is there perhaps a "recursive schematic loop" that could
blow up if you try to probe its instances (-within-instances)?
Does your tool check / prevent this?

Interesting thought - recursive loop...
I think that this is not the issue. When I close PCB Layout, Capture is still hanging while consuming approx. 18 % CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back