Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems Converting OrCAD SDT (DOS) Hierachical Schematic to OrCAD Capture 17.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom S.

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I thought I had achieved a successful conversion from some old OrCAD (DOS) SDT files (*.sch) to OrCAD Capture V17.2 (*.dsn). The converted schematics LOOK ok, but I run into serious problems when I attempt to generate a netlist.

Looking at the Capture schematic part properties fields, I can see the correct footprint names in the PCB Footprint field. However, when I attempt to create an orEdif64 netlist, I see that ALL footprint names show as 'PCB Footprint', and not the actual footprint names.

If anyone has ever solved this problem, I would be very happy to learn your solution. Thanks!

Tom S.

How did you convert the old SDT386+ .sch files to latest OrCAD DSN format? Is it just a matter of changing the sdt.cfg file, ensuring all libraries available and creating a dummy .opj file and bringing in the .sch files into that project?
Any help appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Colin Richard Noakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back