Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrC@D vs PSD15 : difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

manitooo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've just some question about those two software :

I've search on the web site of Cadence and Orcadpcb, but couldn't find any clue :

At my point of view : Orcad 10.0 is sale in 3 flavours :
  • Unison EE : Capture + PSpice A/D
  • Unison PCB : Capture + Layout + Specctra autorouter
  • Unison Ultra : Capture + PSpice A/D + Layout + Specctra autorouter

Am I right ?

But for PSD : I've read in elektroda that OrCad is included in PSD 15, sometime I've read that Part of Orcad is in PSD, and then I've also Read that they are two completly different products..

Does anyone could explain me what is really in PSD 15....

Thx a lot in advance...

PSD is:
OrCAD Capture/ CIS, Layout Plus, PSPice A/D, Specctra 6U

AND

Allegro, Concept HDL, IC Package Designer, Specctra 256U, plus quite a few advanced tools.

I hope this clears the picture.

For more info visit:
https://www.orcad.com
https://www.cadence.com

bimbla.

Not to mention that PSD 15.0 takes more than 2 GB off your
hard drive, while Unison 10.0 takes about 0.5GB.

In simple terms PSD 15 is the most advanced PCB/Packege design tool for big companies such as Intel types and it fully contain orcad with many other tools. whereas if you have medium size designs orcad will satisfy your reqiurement. plus it is much much easier to learn:)

Asterix

I've noticed that different versions of the Specctra autorouter come with different Cadence products, can anyone elaborate about what features one had and doesn't have?

While we are on the topic of Specctra can someone comment on how good or bad the Specctra autorouter is? Can it be used for 100% routing and is the result good?

- Jayson

In PSD15 you can do a signal integrity analysis but in orcad you can't.

Hi,

Ussually the difference between different version of specctra is the that how many layer boards it can route ... it comes in many flavours such as 4 U (4 layer )
6U (6 layer in orcad ) whereas in PSD products it goes upto 256 layer boards also ... plus there are some performance options also.

As far as routing is concern it is considered one of the best routers ... still cant say anything about 100% :)

Regards
Asterix

Does any one have the Cadance training course for using spectra, spectraquest and signal integrity tool included in PSD15.

PSD - Cadence's full Package
Orcad - Only Capture / PSpice/ Layout

OrC(at)D vs PSD15 : difference

PSD - Cadence's full Package
Orcad - Only Capture / PSpice/ Layout

PSD vs Orcad juse like win xp professional vs home edition

i have install ORCAD, it also have pspice and spectra tools

i suggest the student version of pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.