Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optocoupling JTAG - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leszcz

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jtag optocoupler

Dear all,
I designed a board that uses optocoupler ADUM2401 in order to isolate JTAG(connected to PC) and microcontroller board (MSP430f1116). Unfortuanately it will not work.

I noticed on the osciloscope that the JTAG steps up the signal levels and probably waits for uC to answer. However, while the optocoupler are finished with schmitt-trigger these voltages can only be converted to high or low.

I dont know how exactly works JTAG while initialising connection, maybe someone have had similar problem and can help me with that. Its very important for me and urgent.

Thank u for all answers or ideas.
Regards

Just kindly reminder: ADuM2401 is a magnetic coupler, not an optocoupler.

I am not sure, but it might be related to the magnetic technology's saturation problem (you know transformers' structure). Optocouplers dont have these problems due to their optic technology.Why dont you use a real optocoupler? E.g. from Avago. What is your data rate or tPLH, PWD requirements?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.