Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Only fall or rise triad values shown in Standard Delay Format SDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyeda

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Anyone has any idea why my SDF only has either fall or rise triad values in some lines, but not both as expected. Did I miss anything here?
(IOPATH (negedge rb) q () :):0.054)) : Only fall delay triad.
(IOPATH (posedge ck) q :):0.069) :):0.071)): Have both.
(IOPATH (negedge rb) qb :):0.082) ()) : Only rise delay triad
(IOPATH (posedge ck) qb :):0.098) :):0.096))

thanks

if a clock is only posedge, why would the sdf capture it's negedge behavior?

if a clock is only posedge, why would the sdf capture it's negedge behavior?

Thanks for your hint, but my question was actually about why within a signal there is only the fall delay is provided but not the rise delay, and vice versa. This is not about posedge or negedge of clk, but is about the transition of signal nodes. In this case, the 'q':

Thanks for your hint, but my question was actually about why within a signal there is only the fall delay is provided but not the rise delay, and vice versa. This is not about posedge or negedge of clk, but is about the transition of signal nodes. In this case, the 'q':

don't think of signals, think of paths. they all start at some point (q), given some event (negedge rb). is it possible that you don't have any path that depends on q==1, or maybe all paths that go through q are the same, therefore it doesn't matter the polarity. I might be guessing wildly here. should be easy to check against your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back