Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On body wearable antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avin.rauf

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear.all
I work on microstrip patch antenna for UWB.please how put antenna on body?? Thanks

No i create a phantom model which consist of skin+ fat+ muscle ..

Dear.audioguru

I created microstrip and and phantom which mentioned.but i do not know how put antenna on this phantom(tissue?if directly putted the efficiency of antenna very poor which maximum 2%.so are any gap between of them.and the gap is air or any material ?and what is the standard distance between them?I am very grateful for your answer..

I use cst studio 2014

Avin,

Do you have access to a 3D printer? Could you print an enclosure that would be about 2-3 mm thick, so the wearable device was not directly touching the skin? If the PCB were mounted in there flush with the enclosure, it would give you the distance you desire. Alternately, you could get creative and get a spacer (like a typical board spacer) or even a small plastic ring to offset the sensor from the body.

Reply back if this works!

Engineer Mike.
I have not 3D printer.I am not printed my antenna just simulated.can you explain step by step what I do in the program to get accurate result(I use CST studio 2014) ?thanks

Engineer mike
I did the same thing as you said the efficiency increased to 30% but i want to get higher 80% can you help me to do?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back