Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] not able to view orcad files in windows file explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekgrover

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using orcad to design pcb layouts.
When I open the capture or layout then I am able to view the schematic or layout files in the design window ,when selecting to save file or when browsing from capture or layout to load a particular file but I am unable to find the schematic and layout files when I am browsing in the particular folder using windows file explorer.
Please suggest some solutions to this problem.
Best Regards,
Abhishek Grover.

Are you sure to look in right folder?

There are some display options in Windows file explorer like "show hidden files", "show system files". You may want to try.

Hi,

Please check the screen shot attached. If you click on DSN file in the project page it will display the path on top. Please check this once. And also, in orcad you can see only DSN, OPJ file for schematics. You cant see individual page in your folder where project is saved.

orcad.png

you might be looking in a wrong folder .
do a "*.dsn" search in the entire directory for the schematics and *.brd" (or *.max?) for the PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back