Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise Figure Measurement of 140 GHz LNA using VNA & Power Source

vlsi_design2

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to measure the noise figure of 140 GHz CMOS LNA using VNA & power source with probe station. The LNA has 8dB gain and 7.5dB noise figure. Is the measurement error going to be very large due to low gain and high noise figure? I am ok with +/-1dB error. Is there any way to minimise the error?
Thanks & Regards

Years ago noise figure measurements were done using a dedicated noise figure analyzer or a spectrum analyzer with noise figure test option.
Now there are many VNAs that have noise figure test options.
All the above noise figure test methods needs a noise source.

At 140GHz to do an accurate noise figure measurement is really a challange if you don't have a proper calibrated setup.
When is about these high frequencies usually I ask people: before 140GHz, what was the maximum frequency that you ever use?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back