Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to embed sys. help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradyp7

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi;
i am a software engineer working on C and C++ platforms; i would like to shift my career to embeded systems; i am not interesting in hardware design; so, i would like to concentrate only on software development for embeded systems;

can anybody suggest me, how to start; and which softwares to use and etc; i want softwares like emulators, simulators and etc.,anyone please tell me from where i can get these;

advance thanks;

1) For what tasks and applications ?
2) What CPU ?
3) Which is our desktop OS ?

hi;

i am just a newbie;

as a first step, i want to start with emulators/simulaors and then advance with the real CPU's; at the starting stage i don't want to interact anything with networks and protocols; i want to develop some simple type of user applications;

if i am wrong, please suggest me a right way and also please suggest me which CUP is the best for startup;

thanks;

If its just for your interest, then u can use some procesor simulators like VDSP (Analog Devices, which comes for 90days trial version free of cost; CCS for TI processors, for which u have to pay). Regarding RTOS, u can use VxWorks software which emulates target device for various systems like PowerPC, Sparc etc.
With these emulators and simulators you can learn a lot and do lots of learning exercises, like writing device drivers, codecs, etc.

hi,
I will suggest u download any Free device driver code and try to port it on RTOS it will help u to learn OS arcitecture as well as real time problems tooo for that u can use any simulators tooo

Try MPLAB so you can get expertised with the PIC Microcontrollers

Read the intro articles at AVRFreaks.net. That's all you need to get started with the AVR microprocessors

Yeah, I would say go with the AVR platform.. That way you are only a rockthrow away from ARM arch (if you need it).

That is my plan, use the atmega, and if I need to, I can switch to avr's arm line with little fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back