Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

network anayzer calibration set

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinesmurf69

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to create a calibration set (open, short, load, through) using a network analyzer and an existing calibration set. The idea is to calibrate the VNA with the existing calibration set. Then, measure my "home made" calibration set with the VNA. The measured data should be accurate and can be used as a low cost calibration set with reasonable accuracy. When importing the new calibration set and calibrating the VNA with it I get weird results e.g. a non-zero, positive slope of the phase when measuring the through with which I had calibrated. Does anyone have any experience to share? I suspect that I have to manipulate the measured calibration set somehow.

Thanks.
Best regards.

Please let us know if you can make one yourself. Then we would save thousands and even tens of thounsands of dollars for the calibration kits.

It's quite difficult to handy-made calibration set.Because short circuit and open circuit can not be realized easily because of stray inductances and stray capacitances respectively..
Mechanical parts must be very precisely done and very accurate dielectric materials should be used...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back