Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need urgently handbook for VCS-MX, SoC Encounter, PrimeTime

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizalafande

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vcsmx simulation flow

Hi,
I urgently need the handbook which can describe step-by=step how to use the VCS-MX, SoC Encounter and PrimeTime and PrimePower software. Many thanks.

vcs primetime

rizalafande said:
Hi,
I urgently need the handbook which can describe step-by=step how to use the VCS-MX, SoC Encounter and PrimeTime and PrimePower software. Many thanks.

For most of these tools, there are tutorials/user guides under installation dir. If you need help with your specific use flow with VCS-MX, we have several experts in my company and we can help. We do offer customized trainings on VCSMX as well. Drop us an email at cvc.training <> gmail.com

regards
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

vcs vs vcsmx

HI ,
i am having prime time and VCS user manuals.

vcs mx

If you elaborate more on your flow, what HDL etc. We can send a working example and or even a tutorial
======================================
Actaully, I'm a beginner in using those tools. Anyway, my initial plan is to explore the tools with using simple circuit such as a 8-bit ripple carry adder. What I plan to do is that:
1. Design the circuit using VHDL in NEDIT
2. Run the simulation using VCS-MX
3. Run the synthesis using Design Compiler
4. Once again run the VCS-MX
5. Run the SoC Encounter for place-and-route
6. Once again run the VCS-MX
7. Run the PrimeTime for timing and power analysis

At the moment, I don't even know how to invoke the VCS-MX. If you could help me in providing the tutorials on how to use those tools, it's more than welcome.
Thanks.

my email add: r.cheismail@yahoo.com
-rizal-

Added after 2 minutes:

Hi Deepu,
Could you please send me the PrimeTime and VCS user manuals thru my email add r.cheismail@yahoo.com.
Many thanks.

-rizal-[/img][/quote]

Re: Need urgently handbook for VCS-MX, SoC Encounter, PrimeT

Maybe you are a student trying to learn full ASIC flow at one shot? If so I recommend you consult your lab manuals/tutorials. TO get started with VCS MX is really simple, do:

vhdlan file.vhdl
vcs -debug_all <top_entity>
./simv -R -l log_file

Good Luck
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Yup, actually i'm a PhD student but unfortunately the person that know better about the software has left the university. They even don't have any lab manuals. Thus, it's my pleasure if you could send a workable tutorial on how to run the simulation of the VHDL design. Really appreciate your helps.
-rizal-

hi. this is vcs manual

did you got anything your want ?

Hi Diag,
Yup, i already got what i want..thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back