Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need info about interfacing MMC with AT89s8252

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutlu_sgul

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All...
I am using at89s8252 and I have to make an sd card data logger. I tried to use spi port of microcontroller also I simulated this protocol by writing soft. By two methods I could not get the valid response of CMD00. I did everything as the manual sad as 80 clock cycles before set to cs low etc. Does any one give me detailed information about interfacing 8252 with MMC?

Re: MMC with AT89s8252

I have recently tried much by AT89S8252 . But when i use AVR mCU by changing syntax only then i success. I think there is some diffenrence b/w AT89S87252 SPI core and ATMEGA 8515 core.

MMC with AT89s8252

Most MMC/SD cards work in block mode (data can be readed/writed by sectors of 512 bytes), some of them can switch size of data block down to 1 byte. at89s8252 have not enough RAM for 512b sector buffer. Better use somesing like PIC/ATMega/ARM with at least 1K of RAM.

Show your initialization code.

Status
Not open for further replies.