Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Hbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeekay

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I need to control a 6 V DC motor. The current rating of motor is 35 Amp. I have used both BJT based complementary H-bridge and IC packages in my past projects for this task. The problem in the case is current rating. I think Mosfet H-bridges can be the solution but I have not gotten experience of working with them before. I found a link by google :
**broken link removed**
but Mosfets used here have max Id of 15 Amps . Help Please..

I suggest to avoid discrete h-bridge solutions because there becomes a margin of error. If you mess up any aspect such as shoot-thru current or overheating, you could ruin your motor, electronics, or power supply. Using a chip such as VNH3SP30TR-E protects you from mistakes and will fail gracefully if something does go wrong. If you do want that discrete circuit, plenty of higher amp mosfets are available such as the ones used in power supplies. Pay special attention to mosfet turnon and turnoff times because you will vaporize something if there is ever a short with 35 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.