Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a comb generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannaguma

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

i am working on a comb generator as part of a summer project.
I intend to sweep the tuning voltage range of the VCO, with a frequency which corresponds to the comb spacing.

Now I am using a 555 circuit in astable mode to generate the ramp signal.
**broken link removed**

The problem is that i need to add an offset voltage to the above ramp.

i thought of two solutions to this:
1>use two 741s, each in inverting mode with the first one acting as a summing amplifier.

OR

2>use a zener diode of required offset voltage to 'prop up' the voltage obtained at the capacitor.

But neither seems to work. In the first case there is a lot of distortion due to the capacitor not discharging quickly enough, and the ramp ends up looking like a triangle wave.

In the second case, i figure though it will work in other circuits, in my case since i require only a 0.5V offset, to a ramp of 4V amplitude (ie, from 0.5-4.5V) in practice zener diodes of 0.5V breakdown voltages will impossible to obtain.

Any ideas how i can obtain the required signal?

Thanks for reading.

hey some one help me out......i am at my its end here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back