Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] My RF gate experiment - sv3ora

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, this is my experiment of an inverter gate without active components. I explain the operation below, which I have not yet published on my website **broken link removed** as of 22-Feb-2021.

An RF oscillator provides RF power to a high value inductor. RF power cannot pass through the inductor (high impedance) and cannot flow at the left side. So RF power flows only at the right side where it is rectified by the diode and charges the shunt capacitor.
When a DC is fed to the left hand side, this DC saturated the core of the inductor and drips it's impedance, causing RF to flow through it to the ground. Hence RF not is not present at the right hand side circuit.

Not I have a problem on this:

When I measure with the scope probe connected to the coil I can see the effect of the core saturation, by noticing the RF go from maximum value to minimum when it is saturated. However, the RF signal swings from positive voltages to negative, because of the use of the series capacitors after the generator.
This causes the right shunt capacitor not to charge at all.

Any ideas of how to correct the problem?

Attachments

• experiment 2.GIF
    experiment 2.GIF
    1.9 KB · Views: 77

A resistor from the anode of the second diode to ground maybe. It has no DC return path at the moment.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back