Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Music keyboard wire question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that the cable is a standard 0.05" IDC cable, you can cut it and attach standard 14- or 16-pin IDC pin headers and receptables. Make an extension cables with the same connectors.

I'd rather not alter what I already have. If I screw it up I will be spending another $160 for a new keyboard. I'd much prefer to create an extension with a male and female connection to be a go between to make up the difference in space.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Assuming that the cable is a standard 0.05" IDC cable, you can cut it and attach standard 14- or 16-pin IDC pin headers and receptables. Make an extension cables with the same connectors.

These connectors seem to have two rows to them, where as mine only has one. I don't think it would work.

These connectors seem to have two rows to them, where as mine only has one. I don't think it would work.
They don't fit the existing connectors but most likely the cable. The suggestion is to cut the existing cable and attach each a male and female connector. Then the cable can be either used short as is, or with an additional extension cable.

But it's only another suggestion, supplementing the others. Making an extension cable for the existing single row connector would be preferable in my view. But as said, it depends on available resources.

Making an extension cable for the existing single row connector would be preferable in my view. But as said, it depends on available resources.

Yes, it would be preferable. That's why my original question was where I might find the parts to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back