Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] RF pulse transmitter and receiver of 10km radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocbranch

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF pulse transmitter and receiver of 10km radius
can some one educate me on how I can make this

You can transmit far greater than 10km e.g. I can receive China Radio International from Europe, and that is >>10km).
can some one educate me on how I can make this
You need to read a few topics. Seek out info on Propagation, and a general book on radio.
If you can find a library, look for some old books on radio/wireless - I can't think of the names of any.
In particular, seek out ARRL handbook - read it for a few days and you will get a good understanding of radio. Until then, you can't reasonably make and operate something like this - it would all go horribly wrong for many technical reasons. It's a sufficiently complicated topic that you do need to read up on it first.

I can receive China Radio International from Europe, and that is >>10km
But radio of china uses a +10kW tower with a very high gain antenna.
Bocbranch, you can do the calculation using the rule of what called link budget:

PRX = PTX + PTX + GTX + GRX - LTX - LFS - LP - LRX

PRX = received power (dBm)
PTX = transmitter output power (dBm)
GTX = transmitter antenna gain (dBi)
GRX = receiver antenna gain (dBi)
LTX = transmit feeder and associated losses (feeder, connectors, etc.) (dB)
LFS = free space loss or path loss (dB)
LP = miscellaneous signal propagation losses (these include fading margin, polarization mismatch, losses associated with medium through which signal is travelling, other losses...) (dB)
LRX = receiver feeder and associated losses (feeder, connectors, etc.) (d)B

Use a link budget calculator: **broken link removed**

But radio of china uses a +10kW tower with a very high gain antenna.
I am aware commercial transmitters use high power.

The point was that 10km is not a huge distance - not for bocbranch to replicate it.

One can of course transmit hundreds of km on just a few watts.
The point is, he/she will need to read up on it - you can't just expect to build a circuit
and make it transmit 10km without knowing about RF, filters, antennas. I referred to it
collectively as "technical reasons" since there is 30-odd chapters worth to read in any textbook
on radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back