Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Microstrip Patch Antenna at L1 in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpierce1313

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a patch antenna with the following specifications.

Frequency - the GPS antenna bandwidth shall be 1575 MHz +/- 10 MHz
Gain - The GPS antenna shall be no less than 0 dB at the peak of the beam and no less than -5 dB at 10 degrees above horizon for 90% of the pattern
Polarization - The GPS antenna polarization shall be RHCP
FoV - The GPS Antenna shall be upper hemispherical
VSWR - The GPS VSWR shall be no greater than 2:5:! in reference to a 50-ohm system

I have attached the antenna along with picture results that I simulated to try and reach these specifications using HFSS

I understand how to meet the gain and frequency specifications. However, I do not understand how to obtain an RHCP polarization or checking the input impedance of my simulations. I wiould like to check these parameters in HFSS via results. Thank you!

Attachments

• Patch_Luke-Pierce.zip
    249.3 KB · Views: 36

I also need help on doing a dielectric constant parameter sweep on the S11 frequency plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back