Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: How to increase fan-out count of a net without changing functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumathigokul

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

Have a Nice day..

For a FPGA (PROASIC3, Libero IDE v9.1) based digital design, I want to increase fan-out count of a net without changing the original functionality. So i instantiated a combination of AND and XOR gates with enable input with*that particular net (say net1) as mentioned below.

Gate1: AND2 port map (A=> net1, B=> enable, Y => net2);

Gate2: XOR2 port map (A=> net1, B=>net2, c=>net_next_circuit);

So, whenever enable=0, net1 value is resumed. i instantiated the same logic thrice to make fan-out count of net1 as 4 (along with already existing instantiation) but these modules are optimized in synthesis. How to resume these modules in the design?

I used syn_keep or*syn_preserve attributes, even then tool does optimization.*

Please give me any solution.

Thank you in advance.

First of all why are you doing this? If you are having problems with timing adding gates in the path won't fix that. The ProASIC3 is a slow FPGA it's not a real ASIC where you can upsize a buffer.

Next question is what tool optimizes? Synplify should accept the syn_keep on nets and the syn_preserve on FFs and the output net. Is the removal of the logic in Libero? I quickly searched the Libero user guide but didn't find anything related to disabling redundant logic removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back