Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] how to connect to gprs using SIM900D Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parshant

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,
Actually I have a module SIM900D Modem. I am using vodafone sim(gprs activated).
but I dont know how to connect to that gprs with my laptop. I am using hyperterminal for commands. Sending messages is achived but in gprs thing, I need your help..

Thanks & Regards,

Re: how to connect to gprs using SIM900D Modem?

before running the gprs, i have tried to send a message through sim900.
but after command
AT+CMGS="mob no"
a loop is running continously.
i also have done steps
1) switch off the power.
2)tried with other sim
but every time i get this running loop.
loop is:
call ready
+creg: 1
IIII
rdy
cfun: 1
+cpin: ready
+creg: 0
+creg: 2
help me to get out of this loop.

Thanks for reply

Re: how to connect to gprs using SIM900D Modem?

Sir,
if i want to send data or anythng to my mobile phone as a msg via gprs on my module, how can it'll be possible?

if you are in text mode after sending the AT+CMGS="xxxx" the modem responds with >
you then enter the message text and terminate with CTRL/Z

your data needs to be in text (character) format - using sprintf() to convert from binary to text
an alternative is to use PDU mode, have a look at
**broken link removed**

Sir,

You are telling me to send data to a cell phone in normal msg mode. But I need to send data using gprs not by simple msg. Plz give me some information about that thing.

Thanks for your priceless time.

Sir,

You are telling me to send data to a cell phone in normal msg mode. But I need to send data using gprs not by simple msg. Plz give me some information about that thing.

Thanks for your priceless time.
are you thinking of PDU mode
**broken link removed**

or using TCP or UDP

can you tell me how can I send data using TCP or UDP. I have followed below thread
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/223531/

But I am getting error during command
AT+cdnsorip=0
ERROR

after this command, according to thread, that "TCP",<IP><port no>. from where can I get this information or test server.
I have also downloaded a TCP test server. But when I put IP address and port no of that test server.
a message came as
connect fail

I am using modem SIM900D.
Plz help me out.

if you do a web search for "sim900d TCP" you will get plenty of links that should help
do you require tmodem to act as a server or use the modem as a client to access to server elsewhere on the internet?

Sir,

I know all the commands. But I am saying I dont know about this TCP. where can I get this server. all the links are giving detail as

AT+CIPSTART="TCP","X.X.X.X","XX" TCP CONNECTION ESTABLISHED
AT+CIPSEND
>HELLO DATA RECIEVED BY SERVER

But i am saying, I dont have this server. From where can I get this test server with which I can start data transfer check

- - - Updated - - -

Sir,
I have two laptops. one is connected to sim900D with vodafone sim inside and gprs activated and other is to normal airtel internet.
Is it possible that I can send data from sim900d to other laptop connected to internet. If it is possible. Please tell me how.

if you do a web search on "TCP client/server" it will give plenty of links, e.g.
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1415/Introduction-to-TCP-client-server-in-C

try downloading the client and server and running them on your laptop.

how is you second laptop connected to the internet? if thru a ADSL router or similar device you need the IP address provided by your ISP and you need to set up the router to forward packets received on a specified port (8001 in the above examples) to your laptop.
You then run the server on the laptop and the modem opens a TCP client to the IP address port 8001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back