Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Modulo-2 count up and down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos5Pierros

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I tried to design a modulo-2 to get this sequence 00,01,10,11,10,01,00. But glitch append at the ouput of the XNOR (cd4027) and trig the flipflop randomly. So do you have any suggestions to design this circuit? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG-1156.jpg
    IMG-1156.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122

Try adding a small capacitor from the switch to ground.

Try adding a small capacitor from the switch to ground.

Thank you but the problem append between Q2,Q1 of the CD4029 and the input of XNOR. During the change state of Q2 and Q1 the XNOR change it output for short time. I try too put cap and resistor to make a RC delay like in the pic below.

Attachments

• IMG-1157.jpg
    IMG-1157.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110

Are you really driving a relay coil like that? It's asking for problems, use a transistor to drive the coil and add a diode across the coil to catch the back spike. I'm surprised it works at all, the relay coil works in both polarities so hanging it across an inverter will release a voltage spike as the logic state changes and that could be the cause of your problem.

Also note that the CD4502 has an enable pin, not shown in your schematic.

Brian.

Are you really driving a relay coil like that? It's asking for problems, use a transistor to drive the coil and add a diode across the coil to catch the back spike. I'm surprised it works at all, the relay coil works in both polarities so hanging it across an inverter will release a voltage spike as the logic state changes and that could be the cause of your problem.

Also note that the CD4502 has an enable pin, not shown in your schematic.

Brian.
Tanks for your attention Brian.
Yes I agree I should do what you say. Look in the pic I corrected my mistake. The relay is a latching coil which requires 8mA and my buffer which has a push pull output.

Attachments

• IMG-1159.jpg
    IMG-1159.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
  • Latching-Relay-Driver-Circuit.png
    Latching-Relay-Driver-Circuit.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 150

problem append between Q2,Q1 of the CD4029 and the input of XNOR. During the change state of Q2 and Q1 the XNOR change it output for short time.

See if it helps to use an XOR gate and a single invert-gate in a strategic location.

This might be the reason synchronous transmission was invented even though it's more work than asynchronous .

In simulation, to avoid such momentary change of state, I find I must do tests with various logic gates. (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, invert, etc.) To make a ring oscillator work I found it necessary to install two series invert-gates, even though it left the signal polarity unchanged.

thank you very much for your answer that inspires me. I will give you some feedback.

My circuit is working now, I think I have bad connection on my bread board and also I simply put a 10k resistor between the output of the XNOR and the input clock of the FlipFlop.

Attachments

• D86FE01C-F21F-4300-BDA7-232863FB96B9.mp4
    1.9 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back