Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modify CDMA Landline Phone to be used as Wired Landline Handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

debraj15

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to modify a CDMA landline phone set to be used as Wired Landline Telephone handset? If yes, how?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to modify a CDMA landline phone set to be used as Wired Landline Telephone handset? If yes, how?

Thanks

To be more specify I had a CDMA Wireless Land line telephone with postpaid connection. Recently I terminated the connection. So now all I have a bulky landline phone with no use. Either I have to sell it as a scrap or decorate it as a show piece :) LOL

So If I could able to use is a wired landline handset that would be great :)

Thanks guys.

Not likely, CDMA is a completely different technology than the old analog wired phone system. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_old_telephone_service

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_division_multiple_access

If you're CDMA phone was connected to the landline plug (RJ11) then perhaps the phone handset and the base communicates using CDMA. In that case the base was likely communicating over the standard POTS.

Unless you give all the details of what the system is that you have (i.e. manufacturer, model number, carrier plan, etc) most of what you'll get is like this...just guesses.

Thanks ads-ee for the reply. The Model is "Classic 2208" Make "Huawei" It has no RJ45 port. Just one Din type port.

Well if this is the phone:

I can't claim to know anything about India's Telecom infrastructure, but with a big antenna stuck on the phone it sure doesn't strike me as a landline (as in copper wire to the home) like there is in the US.

I think you misread what I said, RJ11 was the standard jack type for the US phone system. RJ45 is the standard Ethernet jack. They are different sizes, with a different number of conductors.

Sorry, I mean Rj11, Yes, I have a wired landline connection as well which is connected by a Rj11 port. This is the one I want to convert if this could be used as a hand set for that wired Rj11 connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.