Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile charger for my mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali86

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello EveryOne,

I want to design a mobile charger for my mobile that would charge the mobile's Battery through 9v DC Battery. I am including the block diagram about what i think that this could be done. please find the attachment and reply me what you people think that this could be done.?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• mobile charger.GIF
    mobile charger.GIF
    5.5 KB · Views: 116

Voltage is a main concern . use proper voltage for charging....
More importantly regulate current to the specification or else you end up spoiling your battery and in long use spoil the mobile....

whatever you do take atmost care of current rating...

thank you ckshivaram

the rating written on my mobile charger is:
Output: 5v and 800mA
so i have to design the charger that should supply this rating to charge my mobile. now tell me am i right looking into my block diagram?

You cant regulate charging of mobile battery, you can just give adequate power supply with adequate voltage level (usually 5V for most) and enough current for that job. Charging of Li-Po/Li-Ion batteries is regulated inside mobile devices and watched with small controling electronics inside each battery itself.

If you whant to regulate way of charging of this batteries you must charge this batteries without phones.

You can use 9V DC battery to charge phones using voltage regulator on 6V with one diode in serie to lower voltage to about 5,3V. But there is one conceptual thing in this. 9V battery have small capacity (about 400mAh if you drain max current up to 40mA), this battery cant charge phones batteries which have 800mAh and more. But can be used as first aid to recharge enough to make few calls.

Better use small solar chargers, or phone solar case.

iphone-solar-case.jpg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.