Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Migration from pic16 to pic18

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunofunchas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can you tell me what are the best reference documents to migrate from pic16 to pic18 series?

If possible that uses mikroC.

Thanks,
Bruno

I would consider migrating to 16-bit such as the Pic24f series.
There is quite a leap in performance when moving from 8-bit to 16-bit micros.
The Pic24f prices are comparable to some of the Pic18f prices, and the MPLAB C30 compiler is excellent.

Hi,

I would like to continue in the 8 bit series because I have tried to move to pic24 but it was quite confusing, for me, the 16 bit series.

I am newbie in PIC's and I like working with mikroC.

Regards,
Bruno

Hi,
PIC24 isn't very confusing, but indeed very easy. Go to the mikroElektronika site. There they have a free book for programming dsPIC30F. Except the DSP part, almost everything is similar between dsPIC30F and PIC24F. So you can use that book. That's how I learned PIC24F. And then of course you build on that.
Make sure you download the 16-bit PIC24F reference manual and datasheets from the Microchip website. Helps hell lot.
Tahmid.
[Edit: Spelling mistake of "There"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back