Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstripline Widths at given frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirriyaz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiiiiiiiii there,
Can anyone please tell me where can I get exact formula(e) for calculating the microstripline width at any frequency, because I have used some formulae that I knew but when implemented the antenna feed was responding at frequency other than the one used for calculation,
Thanx in advance.

check this books out :
- Microwave Engineering by Pozar
- Foundation of Microstrip Circuit Design by Terry Edwards

hope this helps

many simaltion packages like ansoft designer, genesys have built in transmission line calculators whic give u the widht of 50ohm line or any impedance line at any given freq. or u can dload this rf calculator from www.milmega.co.uk
in theior download section

Hiiiiiiiiii Guys,

Thanx very much for your responses, I hope that I will get some help from the books and the RF calculator

hello,mirriyaz
this maybe help you:
w=c/(2f)*((εr+1)/2)^(-1/2)
there: c is the velocity of light.f is frequency; εr is the efficiency dielectrical constant.

Hi,

Hope that this help...

For convenience, graphical method can be used to estimate Eeff and Zo if w/h and Er are known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back