Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip line in HFSS - help to get given characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

miki1234

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss microstrip line

2 microstrip lines I simulated in HFSS, one with lumped port and the other with wave port , but I can't get the s11-parameters look like fig.1 . If someone could help to get this characteristic (not necessarily to be exactly the same-it doesn't matter the values of the frequency or dB),I would really appreciate.((s11 : 1Ghz-10Ghz)

hfss microstrip example

Well, Hi :) I'm newbie, and I found this when looking for help in my own creating the microstrip line. Maybe because of earlier version of my program, your files did not work properly. I created my own and found no problems in it. If my file is needed, i can send. :)

Re: Microstrip line in HFSS

Hi miki1234. You must increase the computational domain (the airbox in your case) using, for example, the next values:

position: -35,-35,-20
XSize: 70
YSize: 70
ZSize: 40

(the values were probed in the second example attached in your file)

changing those values the S11 parameter (in your case) don´t pick reflected waves (due to the boundaries) that will affect the response expected.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back