Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushygs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any help me with Assembly language code for PIC IC to generate DTMF tone.

There are several examples on Microchip's own web site and on the Internet elsewhere. Try: https://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/pic/dtmf.html to start, it might give you some ideas. You can either do it using PWM to synthesize the waveform or by using an ADC. The ADC method can be fabricated with a few resistors but it will use several PIC pins.

Brian.

the web site is not opening, i intend to store the phone number in PIC memory and call it to interface and generate DTMF tone and pass it through the phone line.

Try just copying and pasting the link into your browser or clicking this instead: PWM DTMF on a PIC
I hope you realize there is more involved than just connecting to the telephone line. You need additional circuits to go off-hook and an audio isolation circuit as well.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back