Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Messed With ATMega8 SPIEN setting??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll try to clock this first EXTERNALLY...

BTW what is the DEFAULT ATMega8 setting when it is brand new or never programmed??

The factory setting is internal RC 1MHz , fuses CKSEL3..0 = 0001 (0=programmed , 1=unprogrammed)
The external clock should be connected to XTAL1.

Alex

The factory setting is internal RC 1MHz , fuses CKSEL0..3 = 0001 (0=programmed , 1=unprogrammed)
The external clock should be connected to XTAL1.

Alex

Like this??

Snap16.png

So I need to set this fuses then add a clock source (which PIN? 9 or 10) to restore my mega8 as good as new?

No, sorry I had it wrong in the previous post (i wrote it inverse CKSEL0..3).
The factory setting is internal RC 1MHz , fuses CKSEL3..0 = 0001 (0=programmed , 1=unprogrammed)

so it should be

CKSEL3 = checked (0)
CKSEL2 = checked (0)
CKSEL1 = checked (0)
CKSEL0 = unchecked (1)

Alex

No, sorry I had it wrong in the previous post (i wrote it inverse CKSEL0..3).

so it should be

CKSEL3 = checked (0)
CKSEL2 = checked (0)
CKSEL1 = checked (0)
CKSEL0 = unchecked (1)

Alex

:p :p

Even expert got mixed up...:D

I think this is the correct setting now...

Snap17.png

Yes this setting is correct.

Don't think that I remember the setting from memory, I just check the datasheet for every setting I need, all the settings are listed there so you have to start using it, the picture of the fuse settings in post #3 is from the datasheet and the defaults are also described in the datasheet.

Alex

I was expecting that AVR behaves like PIC...where config/fuses are set during compile..

I never encounter headaches programming PIC..

Status
Not open for further replies.